Merced Manor is a residential neighborhood, it is within walking distance of Stonestown Galleria, a full service shopping center that serves as the area’s commercial district. For biking, hiking, golfing, jogging, and other sorts of recreational activities, Lake Merced, Harding Park, the San Francisco Golf Club, the Olympic Club, and Stern Grove are all nearby. Merced Manor residents who commute will find access to local roadways, including Highway 1 and I-280, to be quick and convenient; and public transportation puts downtown San Francisco less than 30 minutes away.
Most of the homes in Merced Manor were built between the early 1930s and the late 1950s, offering an interesting selection of architectural style, from fanciful storybook homes with archways and turrets to the geometric lines of Streamline Moderne buildings. Utilities are underground in Merced Manor, and most properties have alleyways that allow homeowners to access their garages from the back, giving the neighborhood a gracious, uncluttered feel.
Explore The Neighborhood
- Brunch scene: Dinosaurs Lakeside 3e 2522 Ocean Ave.
- Afternoon treat: CREME Stonestown 3d 3251 20th Ave
- Treasure shop: Stonestown Farmers Market Stonestown 3d 501 Buckingham Way
- The chill spot: Sigmund Stern Recreation Grove Pine Lake Park 3c 2750 19th Ave.
- Evening bite: Blaze Pizza Stonestown 3d 3251 20th Ave.